Sunday, October 2, 2011

36 weeks... 9 months!

It's official... I'm 9 months pregnant! I can finally say I am due this month. I felt like October would never come. Now I just hope it flies by!

Here's a belly shot from this morning. I don't think I've dropped at all. She still seems to be sitting up pretty high to me.


Friday around 1pm I started to get these really bad cramps, what felt like menstrual cramps. They wouldn't loosen up at all and I was so miserable. Around 4:30pm I called my doctor and talked to a doctor on call who basically just said I could come to L&D and get checked. I decided I would just wait it out. I came home and took Tums and drank a lot of water and laid on the couch for awhile. Nothing was stopping these cramps. So finally a little after 8 I decided I would take a walk around the block and if they were still there when I got back I would go into L&D to get checked. Thankfully after a walk around the block and drinking a ton of water, I was finally able to get some relief and felt sooo much better. I fell asleep right away after that and have been fine ever since. Now I'm just thinking I was dehydrated! As excited as I am to meet her, that really scared me beacuase I want her to continue baking for at least another 2 weeks so she's healthy and strong!

I have a doctor's appointment this week where I'll start to go in every week. This week she will check to see if I'm dilated and if there's any progress going on down there and she also mentioned some blood work. It's all getting so exciting!

As I mentioned in the post below, yesterday (10/1) was my birthday! 27, yikes. I am not one to care too much about getting older but I think this is a good age to stop having birthdays. :) I had a good day. Mark and I went out to breakfast and then came home and cleaned the whole house. I cooked/baked and then took a shower and went shopping with my mom and got some goodies for my birthday. I stopped by my Gram's afterwards and then came home and relaxed with my dog. It was definitely a very chill birthday but that's exactly what I wanted! Next Saturday night my girlfriends and I are all going out to dinner for a belated birthday dinner which I'm looking forward to!

Speaking of my baby.. when I first started this blog I thought I would talk about my dog way more than I ended up doing. Afterall, he is one of my all-time favorite things to talk about. So I decided I'll do a little update on him. He's defintiely starting to sense something is going on. He loves going into Lucy's room though and smelling around. As much as he wants to tear up her toys and rip open her stuffed animals, all I have to say is "No, that's Lucy's" and he'll just give me that "Aww, come on, Mom!" look and knows he isn't allowed to touch anything. He's been getting a lot of extra attention from mommy & daddy (as usual) since we know we won't be able to give him all the attention he gets now in a few weeks. Friday night was "Boog night" (If you don't already know by now, Boog is Silas's nickname that we call him probably 90% of the time. The other 10% that we use his real name is when he's at the vet, we're talking about him, or he's in trouble) so since I wasn't feeling good with those darn cramps, Mark ended up taking him to the dog park and he had a lot of fun! He also got to go to the dog store and get new food, treats, and a toy. Thanks to my wonderful husband, he got him a bouncy football that I've had to hide a few times b/c he's been going a little crazy with it. Everyone always says once you have a kid your dog will move down the totum pole and although I know it's probably going to be true, I really hope not. No one understands how much I love my dog. :)

Here's a pic of him from today, just being his cute self...


I meant to post this picture a couple of weeks ago (below) because it totally melts my heart. Sorry the quality is bad (I took with my cell phone and it was pretty dark in the room) but this was a Sunday morning at 10am (yes, 10am! Even my dog likes to sleep in on the weekends. To their defense, we didn't get home until really late from a wedding the night before!). Now if this isn't family bonding, I don't know what is :)


Well I'm going to start icing my banana cake that's cooling now. We're off to Jeff & Staci's in a little bit for a birthday celebration. I'll be back after my doctor's appointment this week to update you all. :) Cya then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment