Sunday, May 15, 2011

Picture Challenge #2

This week the challenge is to:
Post a picture of you and the person you've been closest to the longest.

I had to put zero thought in this since this is exceptionally easy. The person I've been closest to the longest is most definitely my cousin and best friend in the world, Jen.


Jen and I are first cousins (our mom's are sisters) and are only 3 1/2 months apart. We've literally grown up together, like sisters. As kids we were inseperable. We did everything together. Most, if not all, of my childhood memories include Jen. We didn't go to the same school as kids and lived about 30-40ish minutes apart so we spent a lot of weekends and summers together. When we were in middle school we got the heart-wrenching news that she, along with my aunt, uncle, and other cousin, Chad, were moving to Florida. Jen and I cried and cried because we would be so far away from eachother. It was really hard not having her so close for those couple of years they lived in Florida. Even though we were so far apart, we still remined so close. We wrote so many letters to eachother, Jen made videos on a camcorder and mailed them to me, and we talked on the phone all the time. One summer my family and I went to visit them for a week but I ended up staying for a whole month! It was the first time I ever rode on a plane by myself and I still remember to this day crying and crying on the back of the plane because I was so upset to leave her and not see her again until Christmas.

Then the best news came not too much longer after that... they were moving back to Maryland! Not only were they moving back, but they were moving to a house only 5 minutes away from where we were moving! My family had just moved back to Calvert County so Jen and I both started at a new high school together. We've experienced every single obstacle in our lives together and it makes me so happy that we have been able to remain best friends through out our entire lives. We will forever have an unbreakable bond that no one will ever be able to break and I love her more than she'll ever know! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment