Monday, May 2, 2011

14 week update!

I don't know about you, but boy, time sure is flying by for me! Next thing I know I'll be in my third trimester. It feels like October 30th is still a ways away but in all reality, it's only a short 25 weeks and 181 days away! Here's what my baby is up to these days...
Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.
So this is going to be a pretty boring post since there isn't much to update about. I've been feeling pretty good and can really only say I feel pregnant thanks to my expanding waistline. It's so funny to see how big I am already! I officially can't hide it anymore these days. Everyone at work has noticed it and at a baby shower this past weekend I got questions asking when I was due and I literally was wearing the most loose-fitting shirt I own! Take a look at this for yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about...




He/she sure is growing like a weed! Speaking of my expanding waistline.. my clothes are now starting to fit tighter and tighter as the days go on. I caved and bought my first maternity jeans last week. I've only worn one pair once and I loved them. Everyone always told me maternity clothes were so comfortable but I seriously didn't expect they'd be that comfortable!

My finals were this past weekend so I officially have another semester under my belt. Only 2 more to go! I'm so glad I have a little break since my summer semester doesn't begin until May 31st. I'm looking forward to having my nights & weekends again. Well only for about 4 weekends.. but who's counting!?

2 comments:

  1. Wow girlie...you are showing more since I last saw you & that wasn't very long ago!! You have a fast growing little bean in there!!! Love you girlie... & cant wait to see you again soon!!! MUAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez - I echo what Lisa said! Didn't I just see you on Easter....where did that belly come from?

    ReplyDelete