Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mama's Day

"Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of children."
- William Makepeace Thackeray

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mommy's out there. I love this day to recognize, celebrate, and thank all the mom's, grandmom's, mom-in-law's, step-mom's, god-mom's, mom-to-be's, etc., for all that they do. It's true that a mother's job is never-ending, whether their kid's are grown or not. This is one holiday I really look forward to next year. It's surreal to think that I'll have a 6 month old!

We got up early this morning and went to Mark's parents to spend some time with his mom. Staci & Ashlyn came over to bring me my god-mommy's gift which was a beautiful flower pot they painted for me. It's adorable and something I'll always treasure!

Mark, Yvonne, & Ashlyn on Mother's Day

My beautiful neice and god-daughter

It was such a nice visit! Afterwards, we headed up to Annapolis to have a cook-out at my mom's. Thankfully we had the most beautiful weather! We spent most of the day outside with the dogs.

Here's me opening my first Mother's Day gift from my mom! She got me a bunch of goodie's... some baby bibs, a onesie, a belly belt, stretch mark cream, a cupcake recipe book, and lots of chocolate! (She must know that all pregnant girls love chocolate!)

Here's my "first son" chilling out with his ball.

Parents-to-be!

My mom with her kids.. minus Kyle :(

And of course with all the dogs!

As you can tell.. it was a GREAT day! I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful family and even better, a wonderful mom & mother-in-law! <3

I'll be back tomorrow to post an update on the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment