Sunday, May 22, 2011

17 down, 23 more to go!

Baby girl has 23 more weeks to finish cooking in there. Why does it seem like 23 weeks is so far away? I sure hope it flies by because I am not a good at waiting! Here's what she is up to these days:
By now the baby will be approximately 6-1/2 inches long and weigh in at about 4 ounces. The baby will gain weight faster towards the end of the pregnancy. The umbilical cord will become thicker and longer as the pregnancy progresses. The cord carries the blood and the nutrients to the baby. The baby will have adipose tissues to help regulate the temperature. By now when you look on a sonogram, you will be able to see very distinctive facial features.
I'm starting to feel her a lot more lately. For a couple of weeks I have been able to feel the flutters but it has since turned into waves (I'm assuming when she rolls) and lots of little taps that aren't very strong yet. I cannot wait until I get that first, hard kick right in the ribs.

My belly is continuing to grow although it really seems to have slowed down a bit. I used to get so many gasps about how much I was showing for it being so early on and now I am getting how small I look for 17 weeks. I guess it all just depends on how she's chillin' out in my uterus.. or it could just be what I've eaten that day. ;)


It's so weird how much I feel like I love her already. <3 Mark and I have been looking into cribs and dressers and have narrowed it down to 3. Tonight we're going to take some measurements and make a decision so we can have them ordered within the next few days. I think we've also finally found bedding that we agree on too. We can't wait to spend the next several weeks working on her nursery. She sure is going to be one spoiled little princess!

Speaking of princess's. Here is the king of the Lagana household on this lazy Sunday. (Who by the way is avery excited to be getting a little sister so he doesn't have to share the title with a brother). I know he will just love her to pieces too!


1 comment: