Sunday, October 21, 2012

What a day!

So Friday I took Lucy to the pumpkin patch for a field trip with her daycare. I was so excited for it since it was her very first field trip with her friends and of course, my first field trip I get to go on with her. She had such a good time (as you can see from these cute pics)..






We even went over to see Aunt Staci and play with Ashlyn afterwards. Then later that day when she woke up from her nap I noticed how hoarsed she sounded. Then a couple minutes later she had a terrible bark-like cough and seemed to having trouble catching her breath. We had never experienced anything like this with her before so we immediately knew we had to take her to get seen. We took her to the ER and fortunately they took us back right away and come to find out our poor girl has croup!


She was such a good girl in the hospital though. They gave her medicine for her temperature (which was 102.6 when we got there), steroids, and a nebulizer treatment. (This picture was clearly when the meds kicked in and she was feeling good, lol) They wanted to observe her for 4 hours, which turned into 5.. but we were finally out of the hospital at midnight and our sick girl slept the rest of the night. They did warn us that this virus only gets worse before it gets better. Yesterday she was on and off all day depending on if it was time for her meds. Last night she was completely miserable though. She slept in our bed with us but whimpered the entire night because of how miserable she felt. It breaks our hearts having her so sick. :(

So today is day 3 and we're hoping she'll start getting more back to herself. They did say this virus last about 5-8 days though so I'm not getting my hopes up too soon. With that said, I'm going to spend my entire day today snuggling my girl to make her feel as comfortable as possible. Please say a prayer that she feels better! Xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment