Friday, September 23, 2011

Are you really ever ready?

I'm starting to learn that you can never be fully prepared or ready for anything. I know it's never possible to be 100% ready to start the journey of parenthood but I'm certainly trying to be! I always hear everyone talking about the "nesting" phase (as I mentioned in my last post below) but I didn't know I would be this anxious to have everything in place. I'm always continuing to learn something new about myself all the time and I think I have some more adjectives to add to the list- perfectionist and planner.

I know I have to be driving my husband crazy lately with my long to-do list of everything that needs to be done before Lucy is here. I try to keep telling myself that she is not going to care if the picture frames are hung, her bookshelf is here in time, our closets aren't organized, etc. Of course, I can tell myself all of that but it will still drive me crazy that not everything is in it's place exactly how it should be. 

Heck, I'm driving my own self crazy that I'm keeping myself up at night worrying - what if I don't have enough bath towels for her? What if she needs more clothes? What if I go into labor early and nothing at all is ready? The list goes on. Not only that - but then there's the fact that everything has to be perfect. For example, I've been stressing about what she is going to wear home from the hospital. If you take a look at her closet and in her drawers, an average person would probably just pick a cute outfit. Not Mallory though - instead, I have to spend countless hours online trying to find the most perfect outfit. What 2 day old baby really cares what they wear home? It's crazy. I think it all stems from me wanting her to have everything she ever needs and to make sure she has the best childhood any child could have.

So please tell me this stressing will subside? Some part of me makes me think it's only going to get worse once she's in my arms. I guess this is all part of the saying, "Welcome to mommyhood!". 

Well have a good weekend, everyone! You can find me working hard on getting things crossed off that to-do list of mine. :)

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this post...everything you're feeling is perfectly normal! When Lucy gets here everything will be perfect and all those other things that seemed so important to get done prior to her arrival start to fade. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete