Tuesday, September 20, 2011

34 down, 6 more to go!

If I had to sum it up in one word how I'm feeling now at 34 weeks, it would most definitely be huge. I feel like my belly is just so heavy now and I'm just carrying around soo much weight. Even rolling from side to side in bed at night is quite the task. My belly literally sits in my lap when I sit and I can feel the weight. I sure hope this girl comes out nice and plump! Here's a pic for proof...


Besides the ever-expanding belly, I am surprisingly still feeling pretty good. I've been having a ton of braxton hicks contractions and those aren't very fun either. I had a doc appt. this morning and all is well. My total weight gain so far is 24 lbs. I was surprised I had only gained 1 pound in the past 2 weeks considering all the sweets I've eaten lately. It just seems like that's all Lucy wants me to eat these days!! Gotta do what makes her happy, right? :) My next appt. is in 2 weeks and then I'm every week after that. Holy cow, I'm seriously having a baby verrrry soon. Whoo-hoo!!

Last week I started the search on finding the perfect pediatrician. I asked around and got a lot of advice and opinions from friends in the area with children. We thought we had it all decided and have one picked, but after talking to my doctor about our decision today, I think she's changed my mind and has convinced me to go with another doctor that she seems to have a lot in faith in! I love her and trust her judgment, so I think we're going to now go with her suggestion. I'm so glad I can now check that off my list of things to do!

Now for the exciting update... this past Sunday was my baby shower! It was seriously everything I wanted it to be. Jen and I schemed idea's for it months ago (I know, I know.. I'm not supposed to plan my own shower but anyone that knows me seriously knows how much I love this stuff so I couldn't resist!) and we decided a lady bug theme would be adorable. The clubhouse we had it at (Stone Point) is very modern with red walls so we thought it would go perfect!

Below is the beautiful cake my mom made. (Lucy's very first cake!) I actually saved the top tier (the ladybug) and froze it. Maybe I'll defrost it on Lucy's first bithday?? But, seriously, how cute is this cake? My mom always does such an amazing job with cakes!


I couldn't believe how many gifts we got! I'm still so overwhelmed trying to put everything away and get it all organized. Mark and I couldn't be more appreciative of everything we got. We do have amazing family and friends and feel so blessed!



My sister-in-law, Staci, made these adorable favors! They were a big hit and I absolutely loved them. Thanks again, Stace!!


And of course I have to throw in a picture of my beautiful niece (she couldn't get any cuter!) and Lucy's first (and only, so far) cousin.


I'm so sad that I didn't get a chance to take any pictures with my camera but fortunately I have been able to steal a few from friends and family. Unfortunately this appears to be the only group shot I was able to take and it was on my friend's cell phone. Here is me with a few of my very best girlfriends.


Thanks again to everyone that came and/or contributed to making this such a wonderful day for Mark and I! It's definitely safe to say that Lucy is going to be one very spoiled and loved little girl. She will definitely always know how blessed she is to have such wonderful people in her life.

On a another note, I want to apologize for not making a 33-week post. That weekend was a super busy one for us as 2 of our good friends got married. And what a beautiful wedding it was! If you don't believe me... look how the bride made her grand entrance...


Congratulations again to the very happy couple, Jessica & Luke! Here's a picture of Lainie and I from the wedding. (Side note: It was a VERY hot day and this was taken after hours of sweating our tush's off so it's not the greatest but it's the only one we have so far of our bellies!) Lainie is scheduled to have Blake on 11/10/11 so it's really exciting that Lucy will have a built-in best friend so close in age. We can't wait to watch them grow up together. :)


See ya next week! I'm off to tackle a little more of getting the nursery organized. (I feel like I'm already in that "nesting" phase I always hear people talking about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment