Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Sunday! 4.17.11

So this was the first weekend in awhile that I didn't have ONE thing planned. I feel like this past month has been nothing but bridal showers, baby showers, birthday party's, etc. I'm not complaining though - it's always nice catching up with people you don't see very often but once in awhile I enjoy these kinds of weekends where I can just get stuff done. Actually, it's usually the opposite and I get to relax the whole weekend but I decided I was going to be productive! This was my to-do list for the weekend:
  • Get caught up on all the crazy mounds of laundry. Check!
  • Clean out and organize both of my closets. Check!
  • Paint the bathroom Have Mark paint the bathroom. Check!
  • Finish a paper that I've been pushing off for days. Check!
  • Upload and get printed 100's of pictures that I've been meaning to do for months now. Check!
  • Make my very first diaper cake for a friend's baby shower in 2 weekends.
  • Iron at least 20 shirts.
Ok, so 5 out of 7 isn't too bad! Overall I feel I got a lot done. I love these kinds of weekends. :) Above I mentioned that Mark painted the bathroom. This bathroom project has been ongoing for months now. I wish I would have taken a picture of it before anything was done at all but unfortunately I wasn't on top of it as I am now. Also, I'd probably be pretty embarrased to even show the before picture to begin with. So far we (or I should say Mark, he is the handy one around here) have replaced the flooring which was originally a really ugly sheet vinyl to a pretty white ceramic tile. We've also replaced the cabinets, light fixture, and faucets. Next up was to pick a color & paint, purchase and install the new toilet, purchase and install the new mirrors, and decorate! I took this picture to show you what it looked like as of early Saturday morning:



In the pictures you can see the new cabinets and light fixture. I don't want to spoil the paint color yet but I'll definitely be posting the finished product (hopefully) very shortly!

On to more exciting news.. I'm finally in my second trimester!!! Yup, as of today I am officially 12 weeks. I remember being 6, 7, 8 weeks along and daydreaming about finally getting past that "safe" mark. We have a sonogram tomorrow and we cannot wait to see how much our mini M&M has grown! Here's two belly shots from today...



Isn't it crazy how fast it's growing? You may not be able to tell but I sure can! Anyway, I'll be back on tomorrow to post our sonogram pic! Have a great rest of the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment