Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wedding weekend!

One word to describe Lisa's wedding... WOW!

What a weekend! So after 2pm on Thursday I devoted myself to Lisa and did whatever the bride-to-be needed. I know how stressful that 24 hours leading up to the wedding can be so it was my duty as the Matron of Honor to make sure I could help out in any way possible and make things run as smoothly as possible. Literally within 45 minutes we had 10 centerpieces made, 8 vases filled for the aisle, and a toss bouquet made. We drove  like wild women up the road in order to get changed and to dinner on time but we made it nonetheless! Dinner was yummy and the rehearsal went great.

Here's the bride-to-be with her ribbon bouquet from the bridal shower:


 After we left the rehearsal, we went back to the hotel to do some last minute touch-ups and then just spend quality girl-time. Lisa gave us all our bridal party gifts and now I gotta say, anyone that knows Lisa knows that she is the BEST gift giver ever. I always joke that she always gives never-ending bags. Seriously, they are always jammed pack with the best goodies! We really made out. :)


We then decided to go down to the hotel bar in our pj's to get a drink. These couches were mighty comfy...


Around midnight we decided to call it night. We had to wake up early to shower and get to the salon to get pampered. The bride (and maids!) needed their beauty rest. At the salon the next morning, we took the party with us. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts and got donuts and brought 3 bottles of champagne and orange juice to drink mimosa's. What a better way to start the day, right?


Here are some more pictures from us getting ready at the salon...












 After we left the salon the rest of the day just seemed to fly by. Before we knew it we were walking down the aisle. The ceremony was absolutely gorgeous. They both said their own vows and between that and feeling the love between the two - it was just beautiful all around!

By the time the reception came around, we were all beyond ready to party! And we surely let loose if you can't tell in these pics, haha.






Lisa, thank you again for choosing me to be your Matron of Honor. I couldn't tell you how honored I feel and I absolutely loved standing beside you on your special day! Love, love, love you and Josh I look forward to growing old with you both. :) Xoxo

On Saturday, we were whole lot of worthless. I was just exhausted beyond words! Sunday was family day though.. nothing better than that! We went to Jeff & Staci's for our bday dinners and we had a wonderful time! Lucy talks about "Ashyn" (Ashlyn) non-stop so when she knows we are going to her house to play she can't contain her excitement.





Couldn't these two pass as sisters and not cousins? It's crazy! I was so happy I got to squeeze in some cuddle time with baby Brooke. She's just the sweetest baby! And I was even able to manage a quick picture of the 3 Lagana girls.



 The girls couldn't wait to cut the cake. They both got to help put the candles in and took turns blowing them out. Oh, the little things..



So that was my weekend! It was busy, busy, busy and I was exhausted by the end, but my heart sure was full. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment