Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunday funday


This is how I spent my Sunday. Wine tasting at Running Hare Vineyard with 5 girlfriends and lots of yummy food. Jealous, huh? It sure was fun. :)

So my friends moms' started a club 20-some years ago called "Club No". (No rules, no spouses, no kids) For years now my friends and I have always mocked them and said the "new generation" had their own club - Club Yes. (Y = young, E = energetic, S = sexy) It wasn't until recently where we all decided why not really form Club Yes and plan fun outings. So we did just that. If we have to form a club as a way to get a bunch of girlfriends together then so be it! 

When we were brainstorming on where to go on our first initial outing, I immediately suggested wine tasting at a vineyard. One, because I am on a wine kick these days and two, I've always wanted to go to a vineyard and do a wine tasting. It just seemed like something fun to do and thankfully everyone was all for the idea and we locked a date in place.

Besides it being so incredibly hot and humid, it turned out to be a really nice, fun day. We all brought food for a picnic lunch and honestly had people pointing and laughing at our table because the amount of food we brought for 6 of us was a little overboard. But hey, it was all so good and we needed extra food to soak up that wine!



So here's to Club Yes! I'm so glad we finally pulled the plunge. I hope to be posting about many future outings. 

P.S. We were missing 2 members who couldn't make it.. so hopefully you'll see Crystal and Sara at the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment